Keep your personal information more secure when applying for a lease
How does using this solution benefit a renter?
Keep personal information private — keep sensitive information such as your Social Security, birth date and bank account numbers private by verifying your identity directly with TransUnion – a trusted source for consumer data online. Your sensitive information never has to be seen by your potential landlord.
Faster application processing — give your consent and your potential landlord will have everything required to complete the screening process within minutes.
“Soft” hit — don’t let your apartment search negatively affect your credit report and credit score. SmartMove lets you be the one to initiate the request, which won’t impact your credit in a negative way.
Joint-tenant recommendations — single recommendation for joint renters and co-signers
Take Charge of your Personal Information | Protect your Credit Report, Credit Score & Credit History
Information Enterprises has partnered with TransUnion to give renters the ability to apply for a lease while protecting their personal information private
How the System Protects your Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information
- When you use the SmartMove® platform through TenantScreeningUSA.com, you provide your Social Security number directly to TransUnion—not an unknown landlord or leasing agent. Your identity is then verified.
- The system then provides the landlord with a leasing recommendation, credit report and criminal history.
- The landlord DOES NOT see sensitive information such as your Social Security number, birth date or bank account numbers.
- This way, your sensitive information remains safe with TransUnion, a secure, trusted credit reporting company that safely houses credit data for approximately 500 million people worldwide
- Plus, your credit score is not impacted when you use SmartMove®. Unlike when a landlord or lender retrieves your credit report, SmartMove® lets you be the one to initiate the request for your own file to be sent so it’s a ‘soft hit’ on your history, which doesn’t impact your credit negatively.
How it works from a Renter’s Perspective
- Unlike traditional screening methods, SmartMove® is all online.
- You’ll receive an email request from the landlord with a link to TSUSA.MySmartMove.com.
- Simply create a secure account in seconds
- Then review the landlord’s request and choose whether or not to grant consent.
- The landlord receives notification instantly, helping to speed up the rental application process while keeping your personally identifiable information more secure.
Create a renter account today and take control of your private information when applying for a new apartment.
Go to our Sign-In Page now and create an account in minutes